Friday, January 3, 2014

[GOODBYE dear 2013.... and HELLO 2014.....]

Joy is the most magnetic force
in the Universe...
....Danielle LaPorte
 
There is something quite cleansing
before closing the door on another year
in reflecting...

looking back on the year that it was...
and in saying thank you...
 
thank you
for the joy... the blessings... the laughter... the tears...
the love... the lessons and sadness... 
the direction and friendships...
for the 365 days that became another chapter
in the story book of life..
 
My word for 2013 was 'adventure'
and it was perfect....
in every sense of the word..
 
2013 was the rollercoaster ride
 that when it slowed to a finish
and was time to get off...
I could gratefully nod and say
WOW...
thank you
that ride was exhilarating...
you threw in highs and lows...
AND
you were AMAZING...
 
you began with a Kate Thompson workshop
and a new found love of painting on plaster fabric...
 
there was our annual visit to the lavender farm festival
 
in Daylesford with mum and dad...
 
and
there were
 
art journal pages...
 
and the February
 
29 faces
 
challenge....
 
there were swaps...
 
 prayer flags...
 
coasters...
 
and
 
mail art...
 
March
 brought sadness... a rawness
when my beautiful mother in law
lost her battle to cancer...

and yet within that immense sadness was a gift
where I was honoured to witness
a family so united...
so present in  togetherness... kindness and love
that it anchored me in humbleness....
 so very grateful for that...
 
Easter arrived
and
another painting found a new home
in the local art exhibition...
 
more swaps followed
 
with postcards...
 
I sent out lots throughout the year...
 
 May brought the physical adventure...
 
we went to Bali...
 
 my very FIRST time outside of Australia...
 
and I loved it...

I was like a child in a candy shop....
so energized by the newness
and aliveness of another culture..
memories were made...
that will remain with me forever...
 
July brought a stay in Melbourne at the Children's Hospital
where my grand daughter had heart surgery...
once again family pulled together
and life showed us bravery and resilience
through the eyes of a six year old...
 
and then the news that we were going to be grandparents
for the seventh time... blessed immensely....
 
there was more art...
classes...
 
and
 
the excitement
 
of being published...
 
September brought another wonderful 29 faces challenge
as well as
a small works art exhibition
 
where
 
this young lady found a new home..
 
and a definite highlight...
 
 our wonderful beach retreat
with our mixed media group...
beautiful girls that not only enrich my life
but that I feel privileged to have as friends...
 
followed on quickly by a craft retreat in Heathcote
with dear kindred spirits...
 
and more time to play ...
 
October brought the adventure
of an interstate move to Queensland...
 

and the chance to be closer to
our grand children in the physical sense...
 
 
2013 also brought new jobs...
a new home and a gentler lifestyle...
not to mention our love of the beach
 to our doorstep....

 you showed me once again....
 repeatedly....
that in saying yes to our hearts
and in letting go of the wheel
how easily the pieces of the jigsaw puzzle of life
 fall into place....
I am so grateful for that...

thank you sincerely 2013
 for EVERYTHING
that you were...

and to 2014....
hello

I simply cannot wait to see what you will bring...

my word for this year is
DO..

while words like....
 begin, start, commence
danced around in my head
the word DO stood grounded... firm
solid and strong...
resonating completely...

 there is no agenda...
no hopeful outcomes
only...
 to live intuitively this year
listening to my heart
and following though....

and to you dear friends...
thank you.... thank you...
for your support... your encouragement...
your words and your love....
I 'heart' you all very much

wishing you all the very best that this year has to offer...

Jenny ♥
 
 
 

12 comments:

  1. oh Jen, it was a pretty good year in the end :) and certainly an adventure.....and you certainly 'did' lots :) such a wonderful word to keep you 'doing' all year too :) miss you heaps but not long now :) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful post Jenny. x Love your art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an amazing year you had and you are an amazing part of it. Bringing your heart and spirit to all that came your way. So glad that your granddaughter did well with her surgery!!!!
    thank you for stopping by and leaving me a message, so lovely to hear from you.

    Sweet DO-ings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've loved sharing your year with you and enjoyed the review!

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow Jenny, Bali must be so amazing. I had a boss who would go to bali every year and she loved it so much. Happy new year dear friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh... I don't know why I'm close to tears reading this... I feel really touched by your words... the sadness, happiness and gratefulness.... just beautiful, beautiful words, photos, and art.....
    Have an amazing 2014 Jenny - with everything you wish for coming true....
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful post.....what a year!
    Here's to a fabulous 2014 my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you to you too, dear Jenny ♥
    Love your wonderful post with this touching words and art. Have a wonderful and happy 2014!
    Hugs from Erika

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW...what an amazing and touching post Jenny...and what a year you have had...Wishing you a Happy and Creative 2014 my friend....and I'm looking forward to seeing more of your gorgeous Art this year! Hugs! Jan x (...and I LOVE my prayer flag ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post Jenny! Wow, you had such a productive year! I'm kind of struggling looking back because I didn't art as much as I would have liked to, but wow this is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh i don't know what to say.... WOW what a year you have ...so many amazing pieces you really are truly so inspiring jenny. thank you for sharing your beautiful work with the world all to see!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a wonderful review of your year, and I love seeing glimpses of your life and seeing the different sorts of art you created. Love your word for the year too! Maybe I should adopt it ... ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment, thank you so very much:)

Jenny ♥